5 Hand Washing Do’s and Don’ts
Do your co-workers wash their hands the right way?
Global Hand Washing Day kicks off October 15th. Although hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself against infectious diseases (and their spread), according to research, only 5% of people wash their hands correctly! Hand washing saves lives and should be part of your daily routine.
Check out the do’s and don’ts of hand washing. Have you committed some of these hand washing faux-pas?
1. Use clean water and mild soap.
2. Lather up for at least 20 seconds.
3. Wash your hands when they “look” clean as well (germs may still be lurking!)
4. Rinse off thoroughly to remove any suds between your fingers.
5. Dry off with a towel or a hair dryer, not on your clothing!
1. Just “wet” your hands under water.
2. Wipe your hands on various surfaces other than a paper towel.
3. Only wash after using the bathroom – wash before after handling food too.
4. Immediately touch surfaces you know haven’t been cleaned.
5. Forget to remind your co-workers to wash up.